Designed by Digital Wizards 2019
A Digital Wizard is a pupil who is part of a Digital Leaders Team within our school, whose role it is to support the use and to further the development of Information Technology and the Digital Competency Framework in each classes.
Digital Wizards are children with a passion for technology who want to share their knowledge with others and promote the use of all things digital throughout the school. Being a Digital Wizard is a fantastic opportunity to take on responsibility and demonstrate leadership skills; they can be a real help for busy teachers.
Interested KS2 children can join the small team , who meet regularly throughout the year. Typically, things that may be performed by a Digital Wizard could be:
- Test and review new IT resources, which could be websites, software or hardware.
- Share their skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- Set up equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Attend and lead Computing Clubs.
- Support teachers in using ICT in the classroom.
- Survey pupils about digital skills, software etc.
- Blog or Tweet .
- Staff Trainers.
- Stakeholder workshops and presentations.
- Create how-to video help guides.
- Promote E-Safety across the school.